Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whatcha Workin' On Wednesday

My niece Ellen over at http://itsagoldenslife.blogspot.com/ is always saying "Why didn't you take a pic and blog about it?" I always forget! So this time I remembered....here you go Ellen.

So, here is what I used to put the cat food in.....not very prim, I know. Not very attractive either.


Then I went to Goodwill. I saw this and thought I could somehow make this work! I only paid 6.00 for it, which I thought was a good price.

And this is what I came up with......black, it covers a multitude of sins! Oh, and I flipped the lid over because the "pet vittles" just wasn't my thing!


Corner of the kitchen before....


Corner of the kitchen after....


And of course kitty,(aka Betsy), had to have a nibble in the middle of my picture taking! Lol!


Oh yea, here's a picture of some boxes I covered in some fall fabric I had.


Here's another pic.



So, other than some dishwashing and laundry doing.....and I'm sure you don't wanna see a pic of my husbands underwear! That's about it! Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

12 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

It looks great!! I love Goodwill!!! And of course kitty needs to be in the middle of it all!!LOL Have a great day!~Wendy

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Beth I also wanted to thank you for awarding me with the Fall decorations award!! I am so appreciative of your generosity!! Be Blessed!~Wendy

Michelle said...

Great projects! I also use that same plastic container for my dog's food...now I've got to find something more prim!! lol

Here's my current project...I need some inspiration! lol
http://petersoncreekprimitives.blogspot.com/2008/10/what-to-do.html

.... said...

That looks great! LoL - yes I'm always telling her - You've got to take pictures and blog about it:-) I like how it turned out. *Pets* the fuzz muffin Betsy! She's a sweetheart of a cat. The mantel looks great. I'm loving the little tree! ~~ *Ellen*

{lauren} said...

That looks great! I really need to go to Goodwill soon - it seems like everyone finds such great things there. And I wanted to thank you for the award too - I really appreciate it, especially since my house is definitely a work in progress! Have a great day! <3Lauren

Thistle House Primitives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thistle House Primitives said...

Had some typos in my first post attempt so had to delete it LOL! Anyway...'wanted to say I love your pet food dispenser! What great vision you had!
~Terri

Anonymous said...

I really like your pet food holder. Is that an old potato box? I need to try and find one. I hate the ugly bag of dog food in the kitchen!
Rebecca

Terry said...

Another person who finds great things at Good Will. Carolyn at Cranberry Crossings is always finding the neatest things. The one near here never has anything good.
You did a great job on it!
Terry

Katy said...

Oh...it looks FANTASTIC!!! Great job!!! I love it! :) Betsey is too cute too! :) Oh my goodness....could you please take a pic of that whole room you have your covered boxes in??? That wallpaper is awesome!!! I would LOVE to see how you have that room decorated!!!!!

Leslie said...

Wonderful! I love it :) I have my dog food in the same container but it's under the sink. No where to display it.

I don't believe I have been here before...have I? I do see that you sent me an award...man, I am behind and lost lately. I can't seem to keep up with all the new commenters and the new bloggers. I am so sorry! Maybe I am just really confused, too...who knows? I will be back :) I came here after you posted your quote for me. I guess without all of the stress and "pressure" we wouldn't be where we are. Life wouldn't be fun if it were easy all of the time, right? :) Thanks for that!

Leslie

My Colonial Home said...

Well all I can say is Way To Go with re-creating! Great job on the kitty nibbles container!
At first I thought the rug in front of the chair was a Penny Rug till I clicked on it and saw it was food bowls...cute idea.
Karen