Sunday, November 23, 2008

An Award And A Great Goodwill Buy!

Just one more thing, among many, to be thankful for this week! I got this award from Janene at Primitive Lifestyle because, as she and I have discovered, we have such a large amount of things in common. And when she writes her life story she is going to dedicate it to me! LOL! Thank you so much Janene, I really do appreciate it! I'm supposed to pass it on to 7 more gals but it seems like most of you have it! So if you don't have it, come on over and get it and put it on your blog! There are just so many of you that I love reading about everyday! It is my most favorite part of the day!



I also wanted to show you this. My niece Ellen and I went shopping Friday and we decided to stop at the Goodwill Store. As we were looking around, Ellen said "Did you see that?" She was looking down at the very bottom shelf on the end. I looked down and gasped! Of course being the good aunt that I am, I said "Do you want it?" And the very second she said "No, you go ahead." I grabbed it! Can you believe it? What kind of a human being donates such a beautiful thing? Not that I am ungrateful, but I find it amazing and unbelievable! Oh yes, I headed straight for the cash register. It was mine and I just wanted to make it official! LOL! As I waited by the door for Ellen to pay for her purchase, you would not have believed the gasps and the "oh my's" that I heard! I totally understood their shock and disbelief at what they were seeing me holding, very tightly, in my arms! I paid 14.99 for it, which at a Goodwill store would be the biggest amount I have ever paid for anything. But, when I went home, of course, the first thing I did was check Ebay. The cheapest one I found was 89.99 and the next one was 109.99......yeah, I'd say I got a great deal....wouldn't you?




I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are still fighting off the stomach bug thingy that is going around. This weekend is my Emily's turn. Hope you feel better soon Em! Hugs everybody and take care!

12 comments:

.... said...

LoL... Yes she is a good aunt. I passed on it and you should have seen the look on her face when I showed it to her. It was priceless. It was a really good day out for us - to much fun. Enjoy your new piece I'm glad we stopped it's one of my favorite Goodwill stores.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

OMGosh! I have been wanting one of those for awhile now! And it's my pattern! You lucky, lucky girl! I'm so happy for you! And yes, a GREAT bargain!

Janene said...

Beth~
I am sorry to hear that you all have been sick =(
What a great find! I can just envision the look on your face when you spotted that!
As you were describing your reaction, I was laughing so hard, Joe had to peak his head around the corner to see if I was okay!! LOL LOL LOL!! I'm still in stitches.
I bet that made you feel alot better though.
I'm glad that you like the award, you deserve it!
Have a good Sunday~
Janene

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

*gasping* & "oh my-ing" to myself...LOL...what a fabulous find!!! ;)
LUCKY you to have such an sharp-eyed niece, and one who is willing to give up her great find!!! ;)

Enjoy your evening!
...Feel better soon, Emily!

hugs-Kath

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'm like Kath...oh my gosh...and gasping.lol What a fantastic find:) I just have a few pieces that I found at the flea market and considered myself fortunate but you sure hit the mother lode with that:) Good for you:)
Rondell

Debbi said...

Wow what a great deal. I collect that pattern also..lucky you!!

basketsnprims said...

What an awesome find & for such a great price! Your aunt is a sweetheart. Enjoy your new treasure.

blessings,
~ Pam ~

country cottage said...

Beth,
I just found your blog and noticed you were from Ohio. And I saw Mechanicsburg on here also. Is that where you are from? If so I'm not to far from you. I live just outside of Raymond. I have a SIL that lives on Loveless Rd and a friend that lives on Allison Rd.
What a great bargain you got at the Goodwill Store.
Cheri

Juanita said...

Beth,
LOL I am so glad you found a great treasure. You deserve it! Hope everyone gets feeling better! have a blessed day!
Juanita

Katy said...

WOW!!!! That is fantastic!!! :) That is my mom's style of dishes too! I love them! :)

Teresa said...

Beth:

How gorgeous!! I used to live in Dayton OH...I'm now in GA. I so miss the thrift stores in Ohio. They're fabulous and better than anywhere else!!!!! My friend once found a yellowware bowl...in pristine condition for maybe $6. I found quilts, pottery, etc.

Take care and hope you all feel better soon and congrats on your daughter's job!!

Teresa

Juanita said...

Happy Thanksgiving Beth!
Juanita