Well, it's Wednesday and I can't really show you what I'm working on because certain people like to read my blog.....right Ellen? So, that would give things away. But I have a little bit of decorating done. No tree yet, because we have all had that nasty virus thing. Emily and Lauren have been taking turns staying home from school and you can't get anything done when that happens! Hopefully, we have had our turn and it won't be back.
Here is one of my favorite Santas. I got him off of Ebay last year...I just love him!
Here is some decorating I did at my back door. I got the Santa at the fleamarket and I re-painted him. He looks better. I got the little bench at a shop earlier this fall when Ellen and I went on a road trip to West Liberty to check out all of the little shops. It was blue and I painted it black. I got that Santa hat at Walmart for a dollar and I grunged it to look old...fun. I also grunged up the little tealight in the mason jar.
I saw this cute little survey on quite a few blogs and thought I would try it. Well, that's all I got! Sorry, but all of this sickness just wears you out! I don't know what's harder...being sick or taking care of those that are sick! Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the fun of the season!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - I like to mix it up!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We used to buy real, but when the girls got to the point where they said "We're freezing to death, just pick one!" Well, you can see how that kinda takes the fun out of it.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but everyone of us has had that virus that is going around so we're behind.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Uh, no....
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A baby doll that looked so real. It was my favorite until my little brother drew eyebrows on it with a permanent marker....
7. Hardest person to buy for? Len
8. Easiest person to buy for? Lauren
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have several because everytime I buy one and put it out a piece gets broken!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham
16. Lights on the tree? White
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'll be home for Christmas....because in my heart my Dad will be home for Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas time or stay home. Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Punched Tin Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both The girls are allowed to open 1 present on Christmas Eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Not enough time to get it all done
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Prim - greens, reds
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A BMW......but I know it ain't happening!
Fresh Fruit & Patio Flowers
5 minutes ago